There’s a little author in all of us

Writing, something everyone has done in their lives for one purpose or another. As students we write to complete essays and assignments, we may also write in the workspace to complete a report or proposal to a higher up. To me, writing was always a sort of struggle to do. A lack of will to write an essay I had no desire to complete or a plethora of distractions drew my attention away from the paper. In more recent times though I’ve come to enjoy writing more and using it to convey messages in a more relaxed and enjoyable tone. I myself have begun a small writing project in my spare time to write a story that had struck me one day as interesting. In this project I’ve started to see how my personal writing compares to other people’s writing and tropes that are used by new and inexperienced writers. Its always a learning experience with the different ways a certain sentence can be said to convey a thought stronger or drive the plot in a more refined direction. Old rules about writing and how a piece is read also has affected the way I write and how I form fit works to these rules and sometimes draw away from them to convey a certain thought or reaction from the reader. That’s a little bit about writing to me and I hope to learn a great deal from a college level course on writing and refine my habits to a usable form in my literature project.